CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 11, 2012

Trials

I've been thinking a lot about trials lately and trying to understand why some people seem to be swallowed up in them, while others seem to lead such a charmed life.  And for those who struggle with infertility, it seems like that should be trial enough, but lately, that seems to be only the beginning.  I recently came across this blog:  www.sheldonandjulieo.blogspot.com.  What a heartbreaking story.  After 7 years of infertility, they are blessed with a son.  When her son is 2 1/2 years old, he and her husband drown in a tragic accident.  I still get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I think about her story.  My heart just breaks for her.  Another adoptive mom (a sister of a woman in my ward), adopted her son 2 years ago.  Just yesterday she had surgery for a brain tumor and has lost all the hearing in her left ear.  Another blogger friend who recently adopted has a similar story to mine:  lost her mother way too young and then struggled to become a mother herself.  I look around and see so many people who seemingly have a perfect life.  I wonder what their trials are.  I have to remind myself that just because I can't see their trials, doesn't mean they don't have them, or that they won't have them in the future.  And then I have to remind myself, I chose these trials.  The Lord knew my strength and knew I could handle them.  He also knew what I needed in order to grow spiritually.  Maybe those I'm envying don't need that.  So, I will empathize and sympathize with those who are suffering around me and I will continue to pray for them to have comfort and peace and most importantly, strength.  I won't focus on the trials I've had in my life (even though at times they seem like doozies).  I'll look at them as learning and growing experiences........all part of who I am now.  And that person, is a person I kinda like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment