CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Best Mother's Day Gift

I received a card in the mail yesterday from E.  I was so excited, I opened it right there in the post office.  It brought tears to my eyes.  The card said, "If ever someone was meant to be a mom, it was you.  Happy Mother's Day".  She wrote some really nice things in the card and included some ultrasound pictures.  I really wanted those ultrasound pictures.  I wanted to be able to show them to my friends and family just like they were all able to show me theirs.  It helped me to feel more like a mother to be.

As each day passes and we get closer and closer to the day we get to bring baby boy home, I feel more and more like this was the plan that was always meant for us.  E fits perfectly into our lives. She is like us, her family is like us.  We get along so well, and I know we will have a great open relationship in the future.  I am so incredibly grateful for E and the wonderful sacrifice she is making.  This thing called Adoption is such a sacred, unique experience.  I'm lucky I get to be a part of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment