CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 5, 2012

Continued Contact

We've now been emailing with E for 2 weeks.  We email back and forth a couple times a day.  We found out she is due in August and she finds out today whether it's a boy or a girl.  Sometimes she asks us questions that make me excited, like, "If I were to choose you, would you go through LDSFS?".  That makes me hopeful!  But, in the back of my head, there is always caution.  Don't get too excited.  Don't make plans.  But I can't help it.  Now that I know when she's due, I keep thinking about what needs to get done so we can be ready for the birth.  I started looking at plane tickets and hotel rooms.  I checked our schedule to see when a good weekend would be to go out and meet her.  I am so hopeful that she will choose us!  I'm nervous to find out what she's having.  It will make it so real.  There will be a little boy or girl arriving in August......and that little boy or girl could be ours.  She told us she already has names picked out.  I wonder what they are and what that means?  Does that mean she is connecting with the baby?  Does that mean she doesn't know for sure if she will place?

We talked her into going and visiting with a counselor at LDSFS.  We want what is best for her and we want her to feel completely comfortable with her decision, should she decide to place with us.  The last couple weeks have flown by.  I love waiting to get an email from her and to learn more about her.  I think things will start to get easier once we know for sure whether she picks us or not.  I will be devastated if she decides not to go with us, but I'm trusting in the Lord and that is all I can do right now.

1 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey

With our 1st adoption, we too were in contact (and met with) our son's birth mother before she officially chose us. It's difficult not to get your hopes up, isn't it?? I hope she chooses you, and soon! :)

Post a Comment