CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Telling Our Families

We FINALLY told our families last weekend we were planning to adopt.  P and I worked really hard to make a video for them to watch.  It was beautifully done and it got our message across quite well.  I was so nervous for days leading up to the announcement.  However, both families reacted just as expected.  With my family there were a lot of tears and hugging.  There were also a lot of questions, which I tried to answer as best as I could.  With P's family, there were silent tears and just hugs from his mom.  His family isn't as openly affectionate as my family is, so I wasn't disappointed.  They were all very happy for us and very excited.  It is such a great relief to have their support and love as we begin this adventure.  I feel their love and know our baby will be loved by them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment