CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

I Don't Believe in Coincidences

I'm not a big faster.  It's hard and I really don't like it.  I'm slightly anemic, so anytime I go without food or water for long periods of time, I get dizzy spells and massive headaches!  A lot of times, I also feel like puking (probably goes along with the dizzy spells and headaches).  But, nothing had really been happening with our adoption process, so I decided to suck it up and do what the Lord had asked me to.  So when Fast Sunday came around this month, I fasted.  It wasn't for 24 hours, it was about 15, but it was a start.  And IT WORKED!  I don't believe in coincidences.  I don't believe it was a coincidence that I fasted and then 2 weeks later we were contacted by a birth mom.  I DO BELIEVE in recognizing the Lord's hand in your life and this was definitely one of those times.  I believe the Lord knew I didn't have a testimony of fasting and He answered my prayers.  I now have a testimony of fasting and I now want to continue fasting.  With the Lord, anything is possible.  For the longest time I've had the feeling that P and I were being denied blessings because we weren't doing everything we'd been asked to do.  I believe by doing the small things, the Lord will bless us in our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment